Private Rental Brokerage service
Last published 18 Jan 2018
The Private Rental Brokerage Service helps people with complex needs, who have support arrangements in place, to find and sustain accommodation in the private rental market.
People who have a physical or mental illness, drug or alcohol problems, a physical or intellectual disability or other complex needs may be eligible for this service.
How does the Private Rental Brokerage Service work?
The specialist worker from FACS Housing can:
- work with clients and support providers to develop a plan to live independently in private rental
- speak with agents or landlords to help find suitable private rental housing
- address any problems with previous tenancies
- help if something goes wrong that might affect a client’s tenancy
- work with other agencies to provide coordinated services.
How the Private Rental Brokerage Service can help clients
The Private Rental Brokerage Service helps clients to:
- find private rental housing
- overcome the barriers that prevent them from securing private rental housing
- access a range of private rental products and services
- sustain their tenancy
- actively participate in decisions and live independently
Benefits to real estate agents and landlords
Real estate agents and landlords:
- know that tenants have access to direct support from FACS Housing to assist in establishing and maintaining their tenancy
- know that support agencies can provide a quick response if tenancy issues arise
- have tenants who are receiving regular incomes
- have opportunities to quickly fill vacant properties
- know that tenants have an understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
Benefits to support agencies
- have assistance to find and secure housing for clients in the private rental market
- have access to private rental assistance for clients
- know that clients’ tenancies in the private rental market are monitored
- have early notice of issues that might threaten the client’s tenancy and stability.
How to apply for the Private Rental Brokerage Service
Support agencies or clients should contact participating FACS Housing offices to make an appointment with the Private Rental Specialist.
Where the service is available
The Private Rental Brokerage Service is currently available at 22 FACS Housing offices.
ALBURY 6041 9666
BANKSTOWN 8713 4600
BLACKTOWN 9831 0866
BURWOOD 8372 4700
CAMPBELLTOWN 4629 3222
COFFS HARBOUR 6659 2500
FAIRFIELD 9754 6800
HURSTVILLE 9375 8611
LISMORE/TWEED 6623 2424
LIVERPOOL 9821 6022
MOUNT DRUITT 9675 8950
NEWCASTLE 9426 9333
NOWRA 4424 5411
PARRAMATTA 9891 8356
PENRITH 4721 6466
QUEANBEYAN 6229 7600
RYDE 9809 8440
SUSSEX ST SYDNEY 9268 3444
TAMWORTH/MOREE 6764 5555
WAGGA WAGGA 6921 0099
WOLLONGONG 4224 5744
WYONG 4352 4400
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm (closed public holidays). Office hours may vary in some locations.