Skip to Content

The Income Confirmation Scheme (ICS) lets Centrelink share your income details with DCJ Housing.

The ICS is voluntary and completely confidential.

How do I join the scheme?

Simply fill out and return the Income Confirmation Scheme Consent Authority form, to any DCJ Housing office. You can search for the form online on the DCJ website or collect it from your local DCJ Housing office.

If you are a tenant of DCJ Housing you can provide authority by completing a Tenancy Online Form.

What information does Centrelink send to DCJ Housing?

Centrelink will tell us:

  • the type of Centrelink payment(s) you receive
  • other income you receive like: maintenance, overseas pension,wages (casual or part time), investment income, property or other payments
  • the date your payment(s) started
  • the amount you receive for each payment
  • whether you are receiving the maximum payment
  • any deductions made from your payment.

Is my privacy protected?

Yes. We have a legal duty to ensure your personal information is kept safe. Centrelink will give us your ICS information and we will store this securely and confidentially. Only DCJ Housing staff will see your income information.

Can I stop the Information Confirmation Scheme?

Yes. The ICS is voluntary and you can withdraw at any time. You will need to contact your local DCJ Housing office to withdraw from the scheme. You can do this either in writing or in person at your the local DCJ Housing office.

If you withdraw from ICS, you will need to supply us with a Centrelink Income Statement each time we need to verify your income details. This means you will need to go to your Centrelink office, request the statement, and then take the statement to your local DCJ Housing office. This can take you some time so please think carefully before you withdraw from the scheme.

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Aug 2023