Running a business from home
FACS Housing may allow tenants to operate a business from their home as long as they continue to live in it. FACS Housing will only give approval to operate a business if it is satisfied that both the business and the tenant:
- Will comply with any relevant laws and local government regulations that apply to operating a business from a residential property.
- Will not increase wear and tear over and above the level that would be normal for a home
- Will meet their obligations under the Tenancy Agreement, in particular, clauses where the tenant agrees “not to cause or permit a nuisance .... and not to interfere or cause or permit any interference with the reasonable peace, privacy or comfort of any neighbour”
- Has a current public liability insurance policy appropriate to the type of business
- Will not expose FACS Housing to excessive risk, and
- Will comply with other relevant FACS Housing policies such as declaring household income.
For more information see the During a Tenancy Policy section on Running a business from the property.