Be part of your community and help shape how social housing is delivered
Tenant participation in public housing
Since June 2000, FACS (formerly Housing NSW) has actively encouraged tenants to get involved and play a part in shaping the delivery of public housing through tenant participation and consultation.
Funding is set aside each year by FACS to run a number of activities that enable tenants to have a say in decisions that affect their homes and neighbourhoods.
Tenant Participation initiatives are supported by nominated District staff at a local level, and corporately by Community Homes and Place in Ashfield.
Tenant participation aims to build partnerships between tenants and social housing providers to:
- Improve the skills, knowledge and ultimately the quality of life of social housing tenants
- Support and strengthen communities
- Improve the way social housing is delivered and managed
Tenant participation initiatives include:
- Community Development Resourcing Grants (biennial)
- Tenant Participation Resource Service
- Public Tenant Councils/Tenant Representative Organisations
- Housing Communities Assistance Program