As a tenant in a FACS Housing or Aboriginal Housing Office property you are allowed to have pets if:
- The property is suitable for the animal
- The pets do not interfere with the reasonable peace, comfort and privacy of neighbours, and
- You comply with the Companion Animals Act 1998.
Tenants are not allowed to have a dog if it is:
- a restricted dog as defined by the Companion Animals Act,
- declared a dangerous dog, by a local council or local court, under the Companion Animals Act.
If your animal causes a nuisance or annoyance to neighbours, we may require you to remove your pet.
If you are a FACS Housing tenant in a property not owned by FACS Housing you may not be permitted to have a pet. Pets are often prohibited by private property owners and strata by-laws.
For information please see the During a Tenancy Policy.