Our place, Your home
Last published 21 Feb 2020
It’s important to DCJ Housing that you maintain a successful tenancy with us. So there are a few things you need to remember.
- Your rent and water always must be two (2) weeks in advance. If you have trouble maintaining this, speak with your Client Service Officer who can assist you with options
- Everyone is entitled to a peaceful neighbourhood, so please respect your neighbours in regards to excessive noise, pollution, antisocial behaviours, your pets or the behaviour of any visitors
- Ensure you keep your home clean and tidy. This includes reporting any maintenance that the property may need.
Your Client Service Officer will visit the property several times a year, to check on how your tenancy is going and making sure the property is still clean, safe and habitable.
Useful Links to maintain your home.
- Video: FACS eRepair
- Gardening, waste and recycling
- Garden maintenance
- Requesting maintenance and reporting problems
- Video: Requesting Repairs
- Access to properties - Maintenance inspections
- Video: Doing inspections on your home
- Unwanted household items
Health and safety
Making sure of your family’s safety in the home.
- Modifications for people with disabilities or the elderly
- Video: Disability modifications
- Fire safety and smoke alarms
- Fire Safety Program
- Kitchen fire safety
- Video: Keeping your home pest free
- Treating mould in your home
- Video: Keeping your home mould free
- Lead paint
- Smoke free areas
Everyone has the right to live peacefully and safely in their home.
Savings and helpful tips
Tips for your household
- Food and family expenses
- MyHousing Online Services
- Reducing your water and energy bills
- Video: Making water and energy savings
- Support services – Ask Izzy
Pets and Visitors
Pets and visitors are fun but there are some things you need to be aware of