Our place, Your home
Last published 21 Feb 2020
It’s important to DCJ Housing that you maintain a successful tenancy with us. So there are a few things you need to remember.
- Your rent and water always must be two (2) weeks in advance. If you have trouble maintaining this, speak with your Client Service Officer who can assist you with options
- Everyone is entitled to a peaceful neighbourhood, so please respect your neighbours in regards to excessive noise, pollution, antisocial behaviours, your pets or the behaviour of any visitors
- Ensure you keep your home clean and tidy. This includes reporting any maintenance that the property may need.
Your Client Service Officer will visit the property (either in person or virtually) throughout the year, to check on how your tenancy is going and make sure the property is still clean, safe and habitable.
For information on Virtual Client Services see Virtual Client Service Visits
Useful Links to maintain your home.
- Video: FACS eRepair
- Gardening, waste and recycling
- Garden maintenance
- Requesting maintenance and reporting problems
- Video: Requesting Repairs
- Access to properties - Maintenance inspections
- Video: Doing inspections on your home
- Unwanted household items
- Video: Smoke Alarms
- Video: Fire safety in your building
- Video: Fire safety in your home
- Video: Planned Maintenance
- Video: Preventing Plumbing Problems
- Video: Property Alterations
- Video: Asbestos
Health and safety
Making sure of your family’s safety in the home.
- Modifications for people with disabilities or the elderly
- Video: Disability modifications
- Fire safety and smoke alarms
- Fire Safety Program
- Kitchen fire safety
- Video: Keeping your home pest free
- Treating mould in your home
- Video: Keeping your home mould free
- Lead paint
- Smoke free areas
Everyone has the right to live peacefully and safely in their home.
Savings and helpful tips
Tips for your household
- Food and family expenses
- MyHousing Online Services
- Reducing your water and energy bills
- Video: Making water and energy savings
- Support services – Ask Izzy
Pets and Visitors
Pets and visitors are fun but there are some things you need to be aware of