Apply for a grant to undertake an analysis project
Submission date extended to 3 February 2023
The Pathways of Care Longitudinal Study (POCLS) is a study in NSW that is building a unique data asset about the experiences and outcomes of children who experience out-of-home care. Ten grants for $30,000 each will be offered to Aboriginal led or partnered research projects using the dataset.
Grants Guidelines PDF, 559.88 KB and the POCLS Objectives and Strategic Research Agenda PDF, 2452.18 KB provide information to support an Expression of Interest to undertake analysis to build new evidence to support DCJ’s priority policy questions.
A Grant Application Information Session for researchers interested in applying for a grant was held via Teams on Tuesday 22th November 2022 11am-12noon. This presentation PDF, 1165.43 KB was given at the Information Session. If you have any questions please contact the POCLS research team by emailing Pathways@facs.nsw.gov.au.
Closing date for applications has been extended to 3 February 2023.
Pathways of Care Longitudinal Study (POCLS) roundtables were held in 2022 with researchers, the Advisory Group and the Evidence to Action Group. A panel of researchers summarised the key insights from recently completed analysis of the POCLS dataset to inform policy and practice to improve children’s experiences in out-of-home care and developmental outcomes. The focus of the roundtables were:
- Child development, wellbeing and children with a disability
- Cultural connections and family time
- Education and Youth Justice
- Casework and Support
- Permanency and Wellbeing Outcomes
Video recordings can be accessed by the links above. The video transcripts are also available:
- Child development, wellbeing and children with a disability video transcript DOCX, 26.27 KB
- Cultural connections and family time video transcript DOCX, 29.59 KB
- Education and Youth Justice video transcript DOCX, 26.38 KB
- Casework and Support video transcript DOCX, 28.4 KB
- Permanency and Wellbeing Outcomes video transcript DOCX, 29.22 KB
FACSIAR research seminars showcase insights from the Pathways of Care Longitudinal Study (POCLS)analysis projects and studies supported through the DCJ External Research Program. The series facilitates the dissemination of new and emerging research evidence for policy makers and practitioners.
This link takes you to information about future and past research seminars www.facs.nsw.gov.au/resources/research/research-seminars.
Please subscribe to receive information about future research webinars www.facs.nsw.gov.au/resources/research/research-seminars/upcoming.
Learn more about the datasets available to researchers and evaluators.
- 2022 - Newsletter for participants PDF, 1103.58 KB
- 2021 - Newsletter for participants PDF, 860.21 KB
- 2020 - Newsletter for participants PDF, 1232.63 KB
- 2018 - Newsletter for participants PDF, 866.04 KB
- 2017 - Newsletter for participants PDF, 810.82 KB
- 2015 - Newsletter for participants PDF, 1992.52 KB
- 2012 - Newsletter for participants PDF, 1251.9 KB
Longitudinal Studies Network
The POCLS information is available on the ARACY website and the website of the Melbourne Children's consortium for LifeCourse Research. Please find links below:
POCLS Advisory Group Meeting
- 2022 November 16 meeting and roundtable with researchers (pending)
- 2022 February 14-18 roundtables with researchers
- 2020 November 3 meeting - agenda PDF, 163.88 KB
- 2019 October 22 meeting - agenda DOCX, 137.57 KB
- 2018 November 14 meeting - agenda PDF, 157.25 KB
- 2017 November 8 meeting - agenda PDF, 101.83 KB
If you are part of this Study, please let the researchers at DCJ or I-view know if you change your address or phone number so we can keep in contact with you.