Apply for housing assistance
Use this online form to apply for all housing assistance available under Housing Pathways, except transfers. This includes help renting in the private market and social housing.
You can also call the Housing Contact Centre Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm for help.
Note: If you have already found a property to rent in the private market and only want to apply for a Rentstart Bond Loan, fill out the online application for Rentstart Bond Loan. You will be advised whether your Rentstart application is approved by SMS and in writing.
What you will need
In order to submit your application you will need:
- your Centrelink Number, Medicare Card or Drivers Licence
- 1 form of identification for each household member over 16 years old
- documents supporting your need for housing assistance
See also housing application online help
During the application process, you can expect
- to receive communication from us via email and SMS
- to be able to update your form over 30 days
- to be able to upload supporting documents online
- that your income and identification details are checked securely online
Other forms you may need to support your application
- Evidence Requirements Information Sheet
- Medical Assessment
- Independent Living Skills Assessment
- Details of Land or Property Ownership
- General Consent to Exchange Information & Authority to Act on Client's Behalf
- Consent to Exchange Information between a Social Housing Provider and a Support Worker
- Acknowledgement and Agreement to Repay Debt
- Housing Statement