Apply for Rentstart Bond Loan
DCJ Housing provides help with the cost of setting up a new private rental with a Rentstart Bond Loan. The loan is interest-free and paid back to DCJ Housing. You can apply for a Rentstart Bond Loan via online or paper. To apply online click the Apply for Rentstart Bond Loan link below and start your form. The online form is the quickest and simplest way to apply for Rentstart Bond Loan. You just need an email account. Check that your Real Estate Agent / Landlord is able to complete their part of the form online.
For more information, see Rentstart Bond Loan.
Apply for Rentstart Bond Loan Continue your saved form
What you will need
In general, you must be at least 18 years of age, however there are circumstances where clients aged 16 or over but under 18 years of age will be considered. For more information please see the Eligibility for Social Housing Policy.
In order to submit your application, you will need to provide evidence to demonstrate that you and your household meet the general eligibility criteria for social housing as well as our Rentstart Assistance Policy. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your application. To assess your eligibility, you must provide evidence for yourself and each person on your application aged 18 years and over. If you and your partner are under 18 years of age you must also provide this evidence.
Rentstart Bond Loan Eligibility
You are eligible for a bond loan if:
- you are eligible for social housing
- you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- you meet the income and assets eligibility limits for your household
- you have less than $5000 in cash assets
- you do not own or part-own property (exceptions to waiving the property ownership rule)
- you have been approved for the rental property
- the rent for the property must not exceed 50% of the household’s total gross (before tax) weekly income.
To obtain a Bond Loan Pre-approval you must apply by using the Application for Rentstart paper form.
You must provide evidence of:
- identity, and
- all sources of income and assets, and
- Australian Citizenship or permanent residency, and
- any land or property you or anyone on your application own, or part own.
Information about the type of evidence we need to assess your application is in the Evidence Requirements Information Sheet.
During the application process, you can expect:
- to receive communication from us via email and SMS
- to be able to update your form over 14 days
- to be able to upload supporting documents online
- that your income and identification details are checked securely online.
Get step-by-step help with the online form.
If you have an enquiry call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322.
Other forms you may need to support your application