Skip to Content

As a DCJ tenant, you may make changes and alterations to your home. For major alterations, you must first get our written permission.

Minor alterations

Tenants may make minor alterations to their home without getting DCJ's written permission provided no Headleasing or Strata Title restrictions apply.

Tenants are responsible for the cost of any minor alterations they make.

Minor alterations include:

  • gardens, shrubs and lawns (you should discuss any extensive landscaping and planting tall trees with your Client Service Officer)
  • garden sheds
  • installing telephones
  • installing picture hooks

Major alterations

Tenants may make major alterations to their home by:

  1. Getting DCJ's “in principle” approval before seeking Council approval, including confirmation that no Headleasing or Strata Title restrictions apply.
  2. Providing DCJ with a copy of Council’s approval for the alterations.
  3. Receiving final written permission from DCJ before starting any work.

For more information please see DCJ’ Alterations to a Home Policy.

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Aug 2023