Skip to Content

DCJ provides planned maintenance services to keep tenant homes in good condition and ensure consistent maintenance standards across the state. All tenants are responsible for taking care of their property and reporting any maintenance needs to DCJ as soon as possible.

DCJ is improving the experience of social housing tenants. As part of this we have changed how we manage repairs and maintenance to your property. From 1 April 2016, local contractors will now manage call outs, and track and follow up maintenance issues in your area. This new system will be more efficient and responsive.

You do not need to do anything differently. To report or follow up on a maintenance issue by phone, call the Housing Contact Centre and follow the prompts for the maintenance line.

Once you enter your postcode, you will be put through to the local maintenance provider in your area.

Making alterations to your home

Tenants are able to make alterations to their home. For any major alterations, tenants must first get written permission from DCJ. For more information regarding alterations, go to the Alterations to a Home Policy.

Emergency maintenance issues

Emergency repairs can include:

  • Flooding caused by a burst water pipe
  • Raw sewerage overflowing inside your home
  • A gas leak
  • A major water leak that cannot be isolated
  • Reporting fire damage to a property

For emergency repairs call the the Housing Contact Centre and follow the prompts for the maintenance line.

Reporting maintenance issues online

Use eRepair to lodge non-urgent maintenance issues online. Each eRepair request will be reviewed by DCJ staff before processing.

Go to eRepair

Watch the eRepair video

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Aug 2023