- Accessing your personal records and finding information about your birth family
When you leave, or after you have left care, you are allowed to access any personal information held by FACS, your former carer or on your file.
- Financial support to help you become more independent
Find out about the Transition to Independent Living Allowance (TILA).
- Financial support for post care education
Financial support is available to help carers support young people aged 18 to 25 complete their NSW Higher School Certificate.
- Fee-free training scholarships
Young people who are in, or were in, out-of-home care can apply for the Smart and Skilled fee-free scholarship for more than 580 qualifications including traineeships and apprenticeships.
- Free Safer Drivers Course
Young people in statutory out-of-home care and care leavers up to age 25 can access the Safer Drivers Course for free.
- Help paying off a fine
A Work & Development Order (WDO) allows eligible young people to pay off a fine through unpaid work with an approved organisation or by undertaking certain courses or treatment.
- Support for young people with disability
For information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), speak you’re your caseworker or contact the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) on 1800 800 110.
- Connecting with Youth Engagement Organisations
Find out more about CREATE Foundation, Youth NSW, AbSec and Youth Action. These organisations and programs can connect young people who are, or were, in out-of-home care.