Skip to Content

Communities and Justice (DCJ) is committed to ensuring young people in out-of-home care gain the benefits of a solid education and, wherever possible, encourages them to attain their Higher School Certificate and go on to further education.

If you are between 18 and 24 years and still living with your carer while studying full-time, your carer can request post care education financial support. This non-means tested payment can help your carer maintain your current living and support arrangements while you focus on completing your Year 12 or equivalent.

How to apply

The post care education financial support is paid directly to the carer by their managing agency - either DCJ or a non-government agency.

DCJ carers will receive an application form in the mail. They will need to complete the form and return it to DCJ.

Carers with a non-government agency will have to apply through their agency. Further information about the application process will be provided to carers by their agency.

For more information read the Post Care Education Financial Support Policy or FAQs.

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 18 Nov 2019