- What is an assisted boarding house?
Includes legal definition, relevant legislation, how the Act defines a person with additional needs, provision of disability supports, and NDIS eligibility
- General boarding houses and residents with additional needs
What to do if a general boarding house is accommodating residents with “additional needs” as defined by the Boarding Houses Act
- NDIS and assisted boarding house residents under the age of 65
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is available for all residents who are under the age of 65 who live in an assisted boarding house and previously received services funded by ADHC
- My Aged Care and assisted boarding house residents aged 65 years and over
Support may be available through the Commonwealth’s My Aged Care system for residents aged 65 years and over who live in an assisted boarding house
- Screening Tool for Entry to Assisted Boarding Houses
It is a requirement of the legislation, that all new residents who intend to live in an assisted boarding house must be first assessed using the Screening Tool
- Assisted boarding house policies and guidelines
Assisted boarding houses: policies, manuals, guides and forms, legislation, Good practice in ABHs, and Nutrition and Swallowing Policy
- Assisted boarding houses feedback or complaints
Make a complaint, comment, enquiry or provide positive feedback about assisted boarding houses.