Annual Fire Safety Statements Policy
Last published 21 May 2020
1. Policy statement
NSW Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC) will respond in a consistent, accurate and timely manner to local government requests concerning Annual Fire Safety Statements (AFSS) for buildings in its portfolio that meet the legislated criteria.
This policy applies to the following types of properties owned by LAHC:
- residential Class 1b, Class 2, Class 3 and Class 9 buildings
- buildings with building approval or construction certificates which require continuing AFSS certification
- buildings which have been subject to council Fire Safety Orders
Crown developments do not require an AFSS unless building has been subject of any of the following since property built:
- modification application
- construction certificate
- complying development certificate
- change of use development consent
- fire safety order
Class 1a buildings (cottages, townhouses and villas) are exempt.