Skip to Content



Tenants may be transferred by FACS Housing to meet a range of management purposes such as redevelopment or under-occupancy.

The mutual exchange program helps tenants already housed by FACS Housing find other tenants who might want to exchange FACS Housing dwellings.

Social housing tenants may apply for a transfer to another property if their existing property is no longer suitable for their needs.


Since 23 October 2006, most new tenants entering public housing are offered a fixed term lease of 2, 5 or 10 years. FACS Housing reviews fixed term leases before they end to decide if a tenant is eligible for a lease extension, and if eligible, are given a further fixed term lease of 2, 5 or 10 years.

If eligible for a lease extension, the tenant is not required to sign a new tenancy agreement. FACS Housing will issue a notice which will legally extend the previous tenancy for the new fixed term period.


When tenants decide to leave public housing, they should give FACS Housing 21 days notice in writing, or 14 days notice in writing if the tenant is on a fixed term tenancy agreement.
Alternatively, tenants can complete a Tenancy Online Form.

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Aug 2023