Skip to Content

Waste and recycling

If you have a missing, stolen or damaged bin, contact your local council to request a repair or replacement. You can also check your collection dates for waste, recycling and green waste on your local council’s website.

The NSW Environment Protection Authority has useful tips for reducing your household waste.

Illegal dumping

Illegal dumping is a serious problem, costing thousands of dollars every year. Illegal dumping is where unwanted items are placed on public or private property. People caught dumping illegally can be fined $750 on the spot. It’s important to report illegal dumping, especially if the waste is a threat to the environment or your health.

DCJ Housing spends thousands of dollars paying for the clean up of illegal dumping; money which could otherwise be spent on maintenance or housing upgrades.

Your council may offer free clean up services to remove large household items that you no longer want. If you live in a house, contact your local council to find out about clean up services available to you. Clean up services are usually on a roster or can be booked in on request.

For residents living in apartments and townhouses, DCJ Housing may be able to assist in organising a clean up for your whole building. If you and your neighbours need help to organise a clean up, contact your client service officer.

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Aug 2023