Skip to Content

To receive assistance from the NSW Government, community housing providers must be registered under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH) or the NSW Local Scheme (NSWLS).

The Registrar of Community Housing is responsible for registering, monitoring and regulating community housing providers in NSW under the NRSCH and the NSWLS. The Registrar is an independent statutory officer reporting directly to the Minister for Families, Communities and Disability Services.

The main authority for the NSW Registrar is derived from the Community Housing Providers (Adoption of National Law) Act 2012 (NSW). Other instruments of authority include:

For more information about registration in NSW, visit the Registrar of Community Housing website.

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Feb 2022