Specialist Homelessness Services tools and systems
Client Information Management System, Vacancy Management System, and the initial assessment form
Client Information Management System
The Client Information Management System (CIMS) is a key tool that supports good practice through consistent processes for you as a homelessness service provider. The CIMS helps you deliver a better and faster response for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
How do I access CIMS?
What are the benefits of the CIMS?
The CIMS supports consistent practice for client assessment, referrals and information sharing, and prevents clients from having to retell their story each time they access a service.
CIMS enables you to:
- conduct and record an assessment of client needs
- easily search and share client records, with client consent
- restrict access to client records for safety reasons
- send and receive electronic referrals
- access up-to-date service information
- find real time support and accommodation vacancies.
Where can I get help with the CIMS?
We have developed a range of quick reference guides to help you use the CIMS.
Information about further support is available on the CIMS website.
- Support Effort Profile Quick Reference Guide for CIMS users
- Referrals Quick Reference Guide for CIMS users
- Editing Service Details Quick Reference Guide for all CIMS Administrators/Coordinators
- Vacancy Management Quick Reference Guide for all SHS providers
- Search Services and Vacancies Quick Reference Guide for all SHS providers
- Initial Assessment Quick Reference guide for CIMS users
- Statewide Search Quick Reference Guide for CIMS users
- Consent to Share and Sensitivity Quick Reference Guide for CIMS users