Skip to Content

You can now contact the Ageing and Disability Commission if you have concerns of abuse, neglect and exploitation of an older person or an adult with disability caused by someone they know, including a family member, partner or neighbour.

Have you noticed?

  • They do not have money for everyday items.
  • They avoid talking with you and cannot see family and friends when they want to.
  • They have little access to food, clean clothes or medication.
  • Or, they have told you someone has hurt them.

Call the Ageing and Disability Abuse Helpline on 1800 628 221 (Mon -Fri 9am to 5pm). You can speak with a friendly consultant and get information on how to keep yourself, or the person you are concerned about, safe. You can also be anonymous.

In an emergency, call 000.

More info can be found at

Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Aug 2023