FACS Insights, Analysis and Research (FACSIAR) conducts and supports analysis, research and evaluation across FACS.
FACSIAR also works with other government and non-government agencies and research organisations on specific projects, data linkage and research and evaluation activities. This work helps to drive the use of evidence by FACS and our stakeholders so that we can continually improve what we do.
FACSIAR’s vision is to drive evidence-based decision making across FACS operations and policy functions to achieve the best outcomes for children, families and vulnerable communities.
To work towards and achieve our vision, we focus on five goals:
Goal One: Be a recognised Centre of Excellence in Human Services Insights, Analysis and Research.
Goal Two: Be the independent authority for FACS organisational performance.
Goal Three: Put client outcomes at the centre of program design and service delivery.
Goal Four: Enable solution-driven human services delivery through innovative research, evaluation, reporting and analysis.
Goal Five: Demonstrate the returns on human service investment
The following four principles direct the way we work and deliver our projects:
- Being leaders in our fields of expertise, ensuring high quality products and services built around best-practice data products, analytics, evaluation and research techniques.
- Client voice
- Incorporate the voice of FACS’ clients in developing the evidence base to support policy development and service implementation.
- Easy to understand analysis and insights
- Providing timely, reliable and insightful information that focuses on answering key operational and policy questions.
- Innovation and creativity
- Work across FACS to support innovation and creativity in service design and delivery.
FACS Insights, Analysis and Research (FACSIAR)