Skip to Content

You can appeal decisions made by community housing providers, including decisions about eligibility for community housing, transfer, offers of housing and rental subsidy calculations.

You have a right to appeal most decisions where the provider has applied a policy to your situation. Some matters come under the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) including maintenance and lease issues.

There are 2 appeal steps:

  1. A first level appeal with your housing provider. You can ask them for an appeal policy and form.
  2. The Housing Appeals Committee is an independent second level appeal process. If your first level appeal is not successful you can appeal to the second level.
Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 16 Aug 2023