Mandatory reporters: How to make a child protection report
There are two ways mandatory reporters can make a child protection report:
- By eReport through the ChildStory Reporter website.
- By calling the Child Protection Helpline on 13 21 11.
Please note: Faxes to the Child Protection Helpline will be accepted until 30 June 2018.
Calling the Child Protection Helpline
Mandatory reporters can call the Child Protection Helpline on 13 21 11. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Reading Mandatory reporters: What to report and when may help you to decide whether you should call or not.
If you're a member of the general public, you can also call the Child Protection Helpline. Reading Should I call to report a child at risk? may help you to decide whether you should call or not.
Registering to submit eReports
Mandatory reporters need to register to submit eReports. Once registered, mandatory reporters:
- can create and submit eReports after using the Mandatory Reporter Guide (MRG), if the MRG outcome is "Report to DCJ" or "Refer to CWU"
- will be notified by email when there is a change of status for a report
- can log into the ChildStory Reporter Community website to see the status of any previous reports that have been submitted
How to register
- Go the the ChildStory Reporter Community website.
- Click the "Login" button at the top right of the page.
- Click on the words "Not a member?"
- Fill in the required fields (first name, last name, email). Click on the "Sign Up" button.
- You'll be sent an email telling you how to complete the sign-up process.
If you get an error or have any problems registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the error message and a description of the error, or call 1300 356 696.
More frequently asked questions about the sign up process can be found on the ChildStory website.