About Future Directions
Future Directions is a 10 year plan to drive better outcomes for social housing tenants.
A better social housing experience
A NSW Government priority is to improve service delivery across all of the public service. NSW’s social housing tenant satisfaction levels, particularly for public housing tenants, trail those of other jurisdictions.
We are taking steps to improve client satisfaction levels in customer service, amenity and safety.
We’re moving to a simpler, more modern way of delivering services to our clients and we’re giving them a choice in how they access our services. One of the ways we are delivering on this commitment is through MyHousing online services where clients can:
- apply for Housing Assistance
- manage their account and information
- request a non-urgent repair
- make payments.
Other steps include:
- A new maintenance contract that will improve services, efficiency, and tenant experience.
- Improving the liveability and amenity of social housing communities through the $20 million Social Housing Community Improvement Fund. Read more about SHCIF program and successful projects.
- Working in partnership with clients, stakeholders and communities to develop and implement local action plans in selected locations across NSW. Each Place Plan identifies shared priorities to build opportunity, strengthen social housing communities, improve client outcomes and enhance liveability.