Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2015-19
The FACS Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2015-19 (FACS DIAP) details the initial actions that FACS will take as we work towards full inclusion for people with disability.
The FACS DIAP:
- provides a public statement of the commitment to accessibility and inclusion by FACS promoting equal rights for all
- communicates the vision for inclusion across our organisation for staff, stakeholders and the broader community
- puts the principles outlined in the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and the NSW Disability Inclusion Plan into practice within our organisation
- outlines specific actions to facilitate access to mainstream services for people with disability
- is a vehicle to engage with the disability community to bring to life real solutions for better inclusion
- includes assessment and monitoring of actions within each plan.
It is a living document that will have further actions added during its four-year life, ensuring we continue to recognise and respond to the rights, needs and value of people with disability.
Disability Inclusion Action Plans
The Disability Inclusion Act 2014 requires NSW public authorities to develop Disability Inclusion Action Plans.
Guidelines have been developed to assist NSW public authorities, including most NSW Government departments and local councils, in developing their action plans.
Action plans will outline how NSW public authorities will make mainstream services and community facilities more accessible to people with disability, helping to build more inclusive communities in NSW.
The new guidelines focus on:
Alignment – The four focus areas in the guidelines align with the NSW Disability Inclusion Plan, to ensure action plans meet the four priority areas:
You can access resources for these four focus areas at the Disability Inclusion Action Planning page.
- positive community attitudes and behaviours
- liveable Communities
- supporting access to meaningful employment
- accessible systems and processes.
- Consultation – A greater emphasis is placed on consultation at all stages of planning, implementation and monitoring with people with disability, staff and the broader community.
- Governance – Highlighting the importance of governance and accountability at the outset and providing advice on designing governance and accountability arrangements to encourage effective implementation.
To request these documents in alternative formats please contact us on 1800 782 306 or email: NSWDIP@facs.nsw.gov.au.