The Institute of Open Adoption Studies
The NSW Government committed $2.85 million in 2015 to help establish an independent Institute of Open Adoption Studies
Community consultation on the Institute of Open Adoption
Following the release of the Issues Paper on Establishing an Institute of Open Adoption, we received submissions from individuals, community groups and service providers.
Thank you for everyone who took the time to comment.
These submissions are available below:
- ACU – Institute of Child Protection Studies
- Life Solutions: Pioneering Change for Good
- University of Sydney School of Psychology
- Dr Mianna Lotz, Macquarie University
- The Benevolent Society, Post Adoption Resource Centre
- Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies
- Adopt Change
- Complete Community Services
- NSW Committee on Adoption and Permanent Care Inc
- Standing for Foster Families and Adoption
- Uniting Care Burnside
- Australian Institute of Family Studies
- Vanish Inc.
- Create Foundation
- Barnardos Australia
- Adopt Compassion for Us
- Settlement Services International
We also received general feedback on the adoptive process in NSW. During the consultation period, we met with a range of stakeholders to discuss the proposed Institute.