NGO Training Program
Communities and Justice provides free training to the NGOs that it funds through the NGO training program.
About the NGO Training Program
The Department of Communities and Justice has managed the NGO Training Program for over 10 years. The program delivered a series of face-to-face workshops focused on fundamental child protection work, affidavit writing, trauma informed practice and case management.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the legal restrictions placed on events where people are gathered the NGO Training Program was paused.
DCJ has taken the opportunity in the interim to work alongside the sector to understand its learning and development needs and redesign the program to meet current best practice and policy contexts.
The new program is due to launch mid 2021 and will:
- Still be delivered free of charge to all Targeted Early Intervention and Family Preservation Service providers.
- Draw together relevant policy and evidence, and focus on developing values, knowledge and skills, and meeting the most immediate needs of the NGO sector.
- Build upon and strengthen the capabilities of practitioners working in early intervention and family preservation to make meaningful change in the lives of children and families.
- Meet a wider range of accessibility needs.
- Offer practitioners flexibility and allow content to be readily accessed via a variety of formats.
- Be more readily available to a greater number of practitioners.
- Give NGOs more of a choice in deciding on the key foundation skills required for their workers/practitioners.
- Be more relevant to the current development needs and feature a wider diversity of resources and forms of learning.
DCJ looks forward to providing this new training program to all Targeted Early Intervention and Family Preservation Service providers soon.
In the meantime, providers may wish to enrol in the list of training programs offered by Centre for Community Welfare Training (CCWT).
Speak with us
If you are interested in knowing more about the redesign program, please email PracticeQuality-Learning@facs.nsw.gov.au