Planning for the Future
Planning for the Future: New directions for community housing (PFF) was the NSW government’s strategy for the growth and development of community housing for the period 2007/08-2012/13. It had five themes:
- Diverse and flexible responses
- Stronger communities
- Capacity and confidence
- Viability and sustainability
PFF had a headline target to grow community housing from 13,000 to 30,000 properties over 10 years, and contained three major reforms to assist in achieving this target:
- development of a statutory regulatory system for community housing to give increased confidence to tenants and investors
- leveraging private finance on government investment in community housing to provide additional housing
- rent reform to increase rental income received by community housing providers to improve financial viability and service debt for new housing.
PFF was reviewed at its completion, and the results published in the Review Report of December 2013.