Manage affordable rental housing
Find resources and tools to manage affordable housing in NSW
Managing properties with NSW Government funding
The NSW Government has developed the NSW Affordable Housing Guidelines to inform the management of affordable housing funded in part by the NSW Government. These guidelines include overarching principles for delivering affordable housing in NSW, as well as policy requirements on income limits for eligibility and rent setting.
Funding contracts indicate where affordable housing must be managed according to the NSW Affordable Housing Guidelines. Generally, this will include properties that have been acquired from:
- leveraged finance from vested assets
- capital grants for social and affordable housing, for example the Social Housing Growth Fund
- land and capital grants for affordable housing delivered through planning agreements such as under the St Marys and Rouse Hill Affordable Housing Projects
- affordable housing programs such as Debt Equity Rounds 1 and 2 and the Affordable Housing Innovations Fund; and
- NRAS A - where the NSW Government has provided an upfront grant or contribution in kind. Note that properties receiving NRAS funding must also comply with Commonwealth NRAS Policy Guidelines, which will take precedence where there is any difference between the requirements of the two.
View or download the NSW Affordable Housing Guidelines.
The Guidelines contain maximum income eligibility limits which are updated annually. Please see the maximum income eligibility limits for 2020/21.