Practice guidelines and protocols
SHS Program and Practice Guidelines, Homelessness Service Contracts, SHS Case Management Kit and Keys to Opening Doors Kit
Specialist Homelessness Services Program and Practice Guidelines
SHS Program Guidelines
The SHS Program Guidelines define the purpose of the program and appropriate use of funding. These guidelines are designed to assist you to plan and report on the performance and quality of your service.
SHS Practice Guidelines
The SHS Practice Guidelines contain key information and tools to help you as, a service provider, apply good practice design and service delivery principles.
These guidelines were developed so all service providers have consistent information about the principles and models of best practice across the homelessness services system. This means a client can receive a consistently high quality of service no matter where they enter the service system.
The practice guidelines are presented in a series of modules. Each module explains the elements that enable your service to deliver holistic client-centred responses in collaboration with the broader service system. There are also interactive forms to help you with self assessment and reporting.
- Module 1: Service Delivery Responses
- Module 2: Streamlined Access
- Module 3: Quality Assurance System
- Module 4: Brokerage Funding Guidelines
- Module 5: Unaccompanied Children under 16 Years Accessing SHS
- SHS Standards Self-Assessment Workbook - Interactive Form
- SHS Expenditure Plan and Cost Effectiveness Report - Interactive Report