Social Sector Transformation Fund
Grants for small and medium-sized charities and not-for-profits working in health and social service to help them modernise their operations, so they can remain efficient, effective and viable.
How can I access Social Sector Transformation Fund grants and support services?
The Social Sector Transformation Fund is being rolled out in three rounds starting in March 2021.
Direct grant payment
These grants will be paid directly to all eligible service providers with continuous or ongoing funding arrangements with DCJ and/or NSW Health.
No application is required.
- $20,000 if their annual revenue is less than $1 million, or
- $40,000 if their annual revenue is greater than $1 million and less than $5 million.
Open grant application
Eligible organisations can apply for a competitive grant at three fixed amounts:
- $20,000 available for around 500 organisations,
- $50,000 available for around 300 organisations, or
- $200,000 available to three organisations.
Note: application information and reporting requirements are higher for the higher grant amounts.
Consultancy and advisory services
Eligible organisations can access consultancy or advisory services from a panel of providers selected by DCJ.
These services will be provided at no cost:
- Organisational business improvements
- Organisational capacity building
- General IT advice.
This service will also provide general resources and support to the sector. Detailed eligibility guidelines for the open grants round will be published on this website prior to the grant round opening.
Service providers eligible to receive the Direct grant payment can also apply for the Open grant and access Consultancy and advisory services.
Please refer back to this page or contact SSTF@facs.nsw.gov.au if you have questions