Stage 2 transition
The transition of OOHC in NSW is now in its second stage, with Stage 2 taking place from 2013-2014.
Stage 2 of the transition is guided by the OOHC Transition Strategic Plan 2013-2014. The Strategic Plan 2013-2014 is focused on establishing and improving systems and processes to support the transition. It lists 4 key statewide strategies and transition aims for 2013-2014, and outlines actions and activities to meet these aims.
The OOHC Transition Strategic Framework Stage 2 – 2013-2014 more clearly identifies activities to be undertaken in 2013-14, and outlines statewide responsibilities across the sector.
It outlines statewide responsibilities across the OOHC sector, in particular TPO partners and Community Services directorates.
The Framework Stage 2 also identifies actions and activities the TPO will undertake in 2013-2014 to meet transition outcomes and aims, as outlined in the Out-of-Home Care Transition Strategic Plan 2013-2014.
The principle purpose of the Framework Stage 2 is to:
- outline actions under the four strategies identified in the Strategic Plan 2013-2014
- provide a detailed outline of responsibilities of the TPO and Community Services directorates for actioning and reporting against
- outline current TPO partner roles and responsibilities
- outline current governance mechanisms that support the transition of out-of-home care service provision
- outline strategies to further develop governance mechanisms for a sustainable non-government sector beyond June 2014.