Resources for caseworkers
Resources for all caseworkers
In this time of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, OOHC caseworkers can refer to the factsheet highlighting the allowances in and outside of DCJ and the application form and checklist to assist with applying for additional resources and allowances in the leaving care plan.
- COVID-19 factsheet: Assistance available for young people through the leaving care planning process- outlines a range of supports available and how to access them
- COVID-19 application form and checklist for non-government OOHC agencies - streamlined approval process for leaving care supports funded by DCJ and a checklist of other supports available for young people to consider during leaving care planning.
- Information for Permanency Support Program (PSP) service providers can also assist to answer questions about service provision and support during COVID-19.
DCJ website resources:
- Independent Living Skills Checklist – complete this with the young person, it is a good place to start the leaving care planning process
- Guidelines – leaving care and after care
- Public Guardian with an advocacy function: NGO checklist for applications
- Moving forward with Leaving Care 'Future' Planning
- Leaving Care Planning Guiding Principles
- Reconnection Planning Guiding Principles
- Care Leavers' Charter of Rights
- Work and Development Order factsheet
- Leaving and aftercare videos
- Preparing young people to receive a large sum of money
Agency website resources:
- Go Your Own Way Info Kit - Create Foundation resource for young people aged 15 and above who are starting to plan for their transition to adulthood and independence
For DCJ caseworkers only
- Case planning review template (require DCJ login)
- Minister's Leaving care letter template (require DCJ login)
- Application for appointment of public guardian with advocacy function
- Family Finding
The YOU website is a great resource providing information for 15–25-year-olds who are, or have been, in care and encourages them to know their rights, plan for the future, and ask for support to help make informed decisions.