Responding to a child wellbeing concern or child protection report
This chapter is a guide for workers in government departments and non-government organisations who deliver child wellbeing and child protection services in NSW about how risk of significant harm reports (ROSH) and non-statutory concerns (non-ROSH) may be managed.
This chapter has been designed around the Responding to a child wellbeing concern or child protection report flowchart that offers a visual depiction of the high-level pathways within the statutory child protection and child wellbeing systems. Embedded within the flow chart are hyperlinks to websites or fact sheets where further information is available.
It should be noted that this is a guide only and does not purport to capture all possible scenarios.
Fact sheets and flow charts
- Responding to a child wellbeing concern or child protection report flowchart
- Assessing a report of risk of significant harm by the Child Protection Helpline
- Determining a response time for a report of risk of significant harm
- Feedback to mandatory reporters
- Child protection investigation and assessment
- Community Services placement prevention and OOHC services