Targeted Earlier Intervention program
Understand the Targeted Earlier Intervention program and its guidelines and policies.
The Data Exchange – how we’ll know what works
The Data Exchange – how we know what works
What is the Data Exchange (DEX)?
DEX is the reporting platform used in the TEI program. It is a web-based platform hosted by the Department of Social Services.
DEX has the flexibility to capture information across the entire TEI continuum, helping ensure service delivery information and client outcomes are reported in a consistent way. All TEI services report data through DEX.
Who can I ask for help?
For help with MyGovID and RAM: call the support line on 1300 287 539
For general Data Exchange support: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800 020 283 (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
For TEI specific questions: talk to your local DCJ district contact first, or email us at TEI@dcj.nsw.gov.au.
DEX resources and information
- The Data Exchange Protocols: is a manual that describes the different elements of the Data Exchange and how services are expected to use the platform
- The TEI Data Collection and Reporting Guide: outlines the minimum data set needed for the TEI program and how TEI services are expected to measure and report client information
- The Data Exchange Quick Start Guide: provides an overview of the key steps you should follow to access and start using the Data Exchange
- InDex: A handy index of Data Exchange (DEX) resources for the Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI) program
- TEI Data Quality Strategy
Data Exchange Resources
Getting onto the Data Exchange
- Data Exchange Quick Start Guide
- Getting onto the Data Exchange
- FAQs about myGovID and RAM
- FAQs about the Data Exchange
- Setting up outlets in the Data Exchange
- How do I set up my cases, sessions and clients in the Data Exchange?
- What information do I need to record in the Data Exchange?
- Example client intake form
Consent and Privacy
- Privacy Information Sheet
- Using the Data Exchange: Consent and Privacy
- Example client intake form
- Ensuring Client Privacy on DEX within TEI Organisations
Measuring and reporting client outcomes
- Measuring outcomes in the TEI program: E-learning modules
- What is SCORE and how can I use it for the TEI program?
- TEI guide to developing surveys
- What is Community SCORE and how do I use it for the TEI program?
- Outcomes Matrix
- TEI Outcomes Alignment Tool
Real examples of measuring outcomes from service providers
- Botany Family and Children’s Centre – Outcomes Matrix and Client Surveys
- Sugar Valley Neighbourhood Centre – Outcomes Matrix
- Sugar Valley Neighbourhood Centre – Client survey
Using the Data Exchange Reports
- Access, Explore and Export your Data Exchange Data
- Using data in the TEI Program
- Using data to improve our services
- The NSW TEI Activity Report
If you have any questions or comments about these resources please contact: TEI@facs.nsw.gov.au
2020 Data Exchange Webinar series
In 2020, we ran a webinar series to help service providers understand how to access and use the Data Exchange. Recordings of these webinars and the powerpoint slides that were used are below:
- Webinar 1: Introduction to the Data Exchange
- Webinar 2: Getting onto the Data Exchange
- Webinar 3: Set up your organisation and create outlets
- Webinar 4: Consent and Privacy
- Webinar 5: Creating Cases, Sessions and Clients
- Webinar 6: Creating Cases, Sessions and Clients in the Community Strengthening Stream
- Webinar 7: Creating Cases, Sessions and Clients in the Wellbeing and Safety Stream
- Webinar 8: Creating Cases, Sessions and Clients for Sector Coordination and Planning
- Webinar 9: Measuring Outcomes – SCORE for Individual Clients
- Webinar 10: Measuring Outcomes – Community SCORE