Contacts and more information

About us

The Ageing team, Participation and Inclusion, Family and Community Services, leads the implementation of the NSW Ageing Strategy. We work in partnership with NSW Government departments, and other Strategy partners, to implement the Strategy.

You can contact us on (02) 9377 6000 or  We welcome your feedback and enquiries.

Ongoing engagement with older people is an essential part of the Strategy’s implementation. You can also let us know if you want to know about future consultations.

The Ministerial Advisory Committee on Ageing

The NSW Ministerial Advisory Committee on Ageing (MACA) is the official advisory body to the NSW Government on matters of interest to older people. The committee provides advice to Government, conducts consultations and seminars and publishes discussion papers on ageing issues

Policy advice and administrative support are provided by Secretariat staff based in Participation and Inclusion.

More information is available on the MACA website:

Seniors Card NSW

The NSW Government introduced the Seniors Card in 1992 to encourage older people to enjoy an active and healthy retirement. The scheme is free to join, is not assets-tested and you are not required to disclose your income. To qualify, you must be a New South Wales permanent resident, aged 60 or over and work no more than 20 hours a week.

Currently NSW Seniors Card has over 1.4 Million members and over 3,500 participating businesses. The NSW Seniors Card provides benefits to both members and businesses alike.

You can find more information, or apply, at:

Links to more information and support

The NSW Government is responsible for enhancing opportunities for older people across NSW, and for providing access to mainstream services and facilities, like public spaces, transport, health care and social housing. However, we do not control other important areas that affect older people, such as aged care, income support and superannuation. These are the responsibility of the Commonwealth Government.

The following links may help you find the information you need:

  • My Aged Care for information about aged care services
  • Centrelink for information about income support, including the age pension
  • Carer Gateway for information for carers, including people caring for a parent or partner

The NSW Government also funds the following organisations to  inform and represent older people in NSW. They may provide information and services that are useful to you: