Combatting Social Isolation for Seniors during COVID-19 Grants Program
Last published 03 Apr 2020
The Combatting Social Isolation for Seniors during COVID-19 Grants Program has now closed.
Grants are available for organisations to create programs that foster social inclusion for seniors. Activities must help older people connect with each other through online engagement or other ways.
These grants aim to combat social isolation for seniors during COVID-19, while maintaining the current social distancing advice. It provides one-off grants for organisations to provide quality social connection opportunities for seniors.
For a program to be eligible, it must be aimed at people aged 65 years and over. Or, it must be for Aboriginal people, aged 55 years and over.
How programs can be delivered
Organisations must use methods that will deliver programs through online or other approaches that maintain social distancing. The programs must be available throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as to the end of 2020. The target cohort for this grant is seniors who are socially isolated or at risk of isolation and loneliness.
We’re looking to support initiatives that:
- effectively address social isolation for seniors while reducing the risks from COVID-19
- actively attract seniors who are socially isolated, or at risk
- can start immediately, or in a very short timeframe, by extending current capacity, systems and networks
- have a wide geographic spread, regionally or locally focused, community driven and online
- can show business continuity planning to keep the project running until the end of 2020
- give value for money, in terms of overall costs and the outcomes and benefits.
A funding pool of $600,000 will be available for one-off grants. These will range from $10,000 to $100,000, and will be distributed to successful applicants across NSW.
How to apply
The grant program closed on 26 April 2020. For information about the program please read the Combatting Social Isolation for Seniors during COVID-19 Grants Program Guidelines.
Please visit the FAQ page for answers to commonly asked questions.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.