Includes Volunteering overview, links, strategy, framework, and focus
NSW Volunteering Strategy 2016-2020
Our work is guided by the NSW Volunteering Strategy 2016-2020 which focuses on 6 areas:
- Expanding participation in community life through volunteering.
- Creating digital media avenues to support volunteering.
- Developing a mainstream media campaign and local marketing strategies to promote volunteering.
- Designing and developing new volunteering options.
- Building capacity in volunteer organisations to innovate and deliver best-practice volunteer management.
- Enhancing programs to recognise the positive contribution of volunteers.
This strategy is based on the principle that everyone who wants to volunteer should be supported to do so.
The Strategy provides a framework to:
- develop volunteering opportunities across all life stages
- recognise and celebrate the outstanding contribution volunteers make to our communities
- work with organisations to deliver the best possible volunteer management.
A focus of the Strategy is to attract young people to volunteering and support a lifelong commitment to community service. People who are newly retired, or nearing retirement are also supported to explore volunteering opportunities locally or further afield.
NSW Volunteering’s state-wide consultation to develop the Strategy engaged directly and through online surveys with more than 2,200 people. We listened and built on what is already working well. Read the summary of the engagement findings.