Disability Inclusion Plan
The NSW Disability Inclusion Plan was launched on 26 February 2015 at the Sydney Opera House.
The plan is the NSW Government’s commitment to identifying and breaking down the barriers which prevent those with disability from enjoying the same opportunities and choices as everyone else.
It aligns with the Australian National Disability Strategy and our obligations under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
The plan has 4 focus areas that are aimed at creating long term change and require consistent efforts from government and the wider community. The focus areas are:
- Developing positive community attitudes and behaviours
- Creating liveable communities
- Supporting access to meaningful employment
- Improving access to mainstream services through better systems and processes.
You can access resources for these 4 focus areas at the Disability Inclusion Action Planning Resources page.
A full version of the NSW Disability Inclusion Plan are available below in PDF, Microsoft Word and Audio formats:
- Disability Inclusion Plan PDF
- Disability Inclusion Plan Word Document
- Disability Inclusion Plan (MP3) Audio
A copy of the NSW Disability Plan factsheet is available below in PDF and Microsoft Word formats:
and in a number of community languages:
To request any of these documents in Braille, Audio CD or hardcopy formats, please contact our Disability Access and Inclusion team using the contact details below:
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment you can contact us through the National Relay Service.