Ageing Strategy overview
Overview of the NSW Ageing Strategy, why we need it, and what we are doing under the Strategy
Tech Savvy Seniors
The Tech Savvy Seniors program provides low-cost or free training so older people can learn to use technology such as computers, tablets and smart phones.
Partnership with Telstra
Tech Savvy Seniors NSW is a partnership between the NSW Government and Telstra. It is a key initiative of the NSW Ageing Strategy. The partnership helps bridge the gap between those seniors who use technology and those who don't. It delivers real health, social and community benefits, especially for those in rural and remote areas.
The partnership provides:
- funding and training support to a range of Community Colleges and libraries that enables appropriate training across NSW
- a range of training material that can be used by all Tech Savvy Senior trainers and participants free of charge
- a series of self-teach training DVDs available for loan through NSW libraries
- easy to follow online self-teach videos
- a series of large-scale training events across NSW that are announced as part of NSW Seniors Week.
The Tech Savvy Seniors program is part of the NSW Ageing Strategy.
Contact the participating libraries or community colleges for further information on training dates and topics.