The Committee secretariat is located in the NSW Department of Communities and Justice.
If writing to the Secretariat, address your mail to:
NSW Ministerial Advisory Committee on Ageing
Locked Bag 4028, Ashfield NSW 2131
Right to Information Officer
NSW Ageing and Disability Commission
The NSW Government established the Ageing and Disability Commission (ADC) in 2019, to better protect adults with disability and older people from abuse, neglect and exploitation by someone they know in their home, or community. The main role of the ADC is to:
- investigate allegations of abuse, neglect and exploitation of adults with disability and older people in home and community settings
- provide support to vulnerable adults and their families or carers following an investigation
- report and make recommendations to government on systemic issues related to abuse, neglect and exploitation
- raise community awareness of abuse, neglect and exploitation, including how to prevent, identify and respond to matters
- administer the Official Community Visitors program, in relation to disability services and assisted boarding houses.
The ADC is a state-wide service and is a free call to 1800 628 221