Food and family expenses
Being a smart shopper can help balance the budget for food and kids' essentials
Raising a family
Raising a family can be expensive but there are many ways to save money, without compromising your family's needs, while still helping the environment.
- Making meals at home with fresh fruit and veggies is healthier for the whole family and will help avoid plastic and packaging waste from takeaway or ready-made meals.
- Children love helping in the garden too, so consider composting your food scraps or starting a worm farm. You can use the fertiliser to grow flowers or veggies in the garden.
- If you have a child in nappies, consider reusable nappies. They are much cheaper in the long run when compared to disposable nappies and much better for the environment.
- Children often outgrow clothes before they wear them out so buying and donating pre-loved clothing can save lots of money and reduce waste.
- Check your local library to see if they have a toy library where you can borrow toys rather than buying new ones.
Was this content useful?