Skip to Content

Applying for housing assistance

Housing assistance in NSW is provided under Housing Pathways. This means that assistance is delivered by FACS Housing and participating community housing providers (together referred to as social housing providers).

You can apply for social housing assistance from any participating social housing provider by using a single application form.

You can apply for housing assistance online 24/7 or by phone, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm by calling the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322.

The application for housing assistance form asks important questions about you and other people in your household. The answers you give will help a social housing provider to understand what kind of help you might need and how urgent and/or complex your situation is. Your application will be assessed on the information you give us on this form.

To complete your application for housing assistance, you must:

  • read each question carefully
  • answer all the questions
  • provide document that support your application

Your application for housing assistance can be lodged with any FACS Housing or social housing provider across NSW, either in person or by mail. For a list of contact details, please see the Contact us.

Was this content useful?
Last updated: 25 Feb 2021