Applications for the 2019 FACS Scholarship Program will open on Monday 17 December 2018 and close on Friday 18 January 2019 for high school students. For returning students in tertiary studies, applications will close on Friday 1 March 2019. Successful applicants will be notified in Term 1, 2019.
FACS offers Scholarships to help students enrolled in education or training to complete their studies. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 to help with school expenses.
Who can qualify?
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- living in social housing, a social housing applicant, receiving FACS private rental assistance, living in crisis/supported accommodation, or living in out-of-home care
- studying in Year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or TAFE college
- undertaking a school based apprenticeship or traineeship, or studying a VET subject at a NSW high school in 2019
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Can scholarship recipients reapply each year?
Students who received a scholarship in 2017 and/or 2018 can reapply in 2019. The scholarships program means that students can receive continued financial support throughout their schooling journey.
What can the scholarship funds be used for?
Scholarship funds can be used for the following:
- text books, workbooks, study guides and stationery
- specialist equipment (e.g. art, music or photographic materials)
- course costs (including materials), excursions, study camps, sporting costs
- computer software, printer, internet
- childcare and transport
- medical and support needs
- other relevant educational materials or services.
For more information, please email email@example.com