Applications for the 2019 FACS Scholarship Program are now closed. Successful applicants will be notified in Term 1, 2019.
FACS is offering scholarships to students enrolled in education or training in 2019. The scholarship helps young people complete their studies and reach their full potential. Successful applicants will receive $1,000.
This year it is easier and faster to apply than ever.
You will need to have someone support your application. This can be done by a parent, carer, guardian, caseworker, support worker, or someone from your school.
Applications are now open. You can apply via the online application form at https://nsw-facs.smapply.io/
Who can qualify?
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- living in social housing, a social housing applicant, receiving FACS private rental assistance, living in crisis/supported accommodation, or living in out-of-home care
- studying in Year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or TAFE college or undertaking a school based apprenticeship or traineeship, or studying a VET subject at a NSW high school in 2019
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- For Year 10, 11 or 12 students, applications close at 5pm on Thursday 31 January 2019.
- For Returning students attending a TAFE college, university or in a traineeship/apprenticeship in 2019, applications close at 5pm on Friday 15 February 2019.
Can scholarship recipients in the past reapply?
Students who received a scholarship in 2017 and/or 2018 can reapply in 2019. The scholarships program means that students can receive continued financial support throughout their schooling journey.
We have made the process easier for you in 2019:
- You do not need to fill out the full application form. You only need to confirm your eligibility and update your contact details if they have changed.
- You no longer need to print out and upload paper forms.
- Someone from your school, a parent, carer, guardian or support worker can now support your application.
What can you use the scholarship for?
Scholarship funds can be used for the following:
- text books, workbooks, study guides and stationery
- specialist equipment (e.g. art, music or photographic materials)
- course costs (including materials), excursions, study camps, sporting costs
- computer software, printer, internet
- childcare and transport
- medical and support needs
- other relevant educational materials or services.
You can download:
To find out more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org