DCJ Scholarships 2021
- Can I apply?
- When can I apply?
- Can I reapply as a returning applicant for a scholarship?
- What can I use the scholarship for?
- Where can I find out more information?
- What material can I use to promote DCJ Scholarships?
We know there are many bright, ambitious students who want to excel in their studies. But focusing on school is not always easy, especially if you’re facing challenges with your health, caring duties, home life, or the cost of education and training.
We will be offering up to 1000 scholarships to students enrolled in education or training in 2021. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 to help with school expenses and secondary support services.
Can I apply?
You are eligible to apply if you are studying in one of the following in 2021:
- year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or equivalent at a TAFE college
- a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
- a VET subject at a NSW high school.
You must also be either a social housing client or living in out-of-home-care.
This can include:
- living in public housing, including Aboriginal housing
- being on the NSW Housing Register (wait list)
- receiving private rental assistance from DCJ (not Centrelink)
- receiving a Rent Choice product
- living in community housing/Aboriginal community housing
- living in housing provided by a Local Aboriginal Land Council
- living in Supported Accommodation through a Specialist Homelessness Service Provider
- living in statutory, supported or voluntary out-of-home care.
When can I apply?
Applications will open later in the year. Please watch this space for regular updates.
Can I reapply as a returning applicant for a scholarship?
Students who received a scholarship in 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020 can reapply as a returning applicant if they are still in social housing and taking on further studies in 2021.
It’s simple to reapply.
You won’t need to fill out the full application form again. Instead, we’ll upload information from your application last year. Just update your details to confirm your eligibility in case they’ve changed.
What can I use the scholarship for?
You can use the scholarship for:
- your school uniform (including sports uniform and shoes)
- private tuition or coaching
- text books, workbooks, study guides or stationery
- specialist equipment (e.g. art, music or photographic materials)
- course costs (including materials), excursions, study camps, or sporting costs
- IT materials (computer desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone)
- computer software, a printer, or the internet
- medical and support needs
- other relevant study materials, support services or living expenses.
Where can I find out more information?
What material can I use to promote DCJ Scholarships?
The promotional pack will be available to download later in the year.