DCJ Scholarships 2021
- Can I apply?
- When can I apply?
- How do I apply?
- Can I reapply as a returning applicant for a scholarship?
- What can I use the scholarship for?
- Where can I find out more information?
- What material can I use to promote DCJ Scholarships?
We know there are many bright, ambitious students who want to excel in their studies. But focusing on school is not always easy, especially if you’re facing challenges with your health, caring duties, home life, or the cost of education and training.
We will be offering up to 1000 scholarships to students enrolled in education or training in 2021. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 to help with school expenses and secondary support services.
Can I apply?
You are eligible to apply if you are studying in one of the following in 2021:
- year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or equivalent at a TAFE college
- a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
- a VET subject at a NSW high school.
You must also be either a social housing client or living in out-of-home-care.
This can include:
- living in public housing, including Aboriginal housing
- being on the NSW Housing Register (wait list)
- receiving private rental assistance from DCJ (not Centrelink)
- receiving a Rent Choice product
- living in community housing/Aboriginal community housing
- living in housing provided by a Local Aboriginal Land Council
- living in Supported Accommodation through a Specialist Homelessness Service Provider
- living in statutory, supported or voluntary out-of-home care.
When can I apply?
Applications open 9:00am, 15 October 2020 and close 5:00pm, 19 February 2021.
How do I apply?
Applications are completed online through SurveyMonkey Apply.
Click on the link https://nsw-facs.smapply.io to register
Registration must be under the student’s details (firstname, lastname and personal email address).
It is best to use a desktop computer or laptop to complete your application to access the online application site properly. Using your mobile phone to complete your application will restrict visibility of required tasks.
Can I reapply as a returning applicant for a scholarship?
Students who received a scholarship in 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020 can reapply as a returning applicant if they are still in social housing and taking on further studies in 2021.
What can I use the scholarship for?
You can use the scholarship for:
- school uniform including sports uniform and shoes
- course related or subject fees
- study camps and excursions
- text books, workbooks, study guides
- course related equipment, materials and clothing
- sporting costs
- printable scanner
- internet access
- computer desktop, laptop, tablet
- smart phone
- computer software
- study furniture (eg. desk, chair)
- transport costs (eg. opal travel cards, driving lessons)
- medical and support needs (eg. glasses, speech therapy)
- other (eg. social inclusion activities like sports and youth programs, formal tickets)
Where can I find out more information?
- Call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322, press 2 for Housing Services then press 4 for General Enquiries
- Email the DCJ Scholarships team on email@example.com
What material can I use to promote DCJ Scholarships?
- A3 poster
- Fact Sheet for New Applicant
- Fact Sheet for Returning Applicant
- Fact Sheet for Education and Support Staff
- Guidelines for New Applicant
- Our short promotional video
Disclaimer: All images and video featured in DCJ Scholarships were taken in 2019.