DCJ Scholarships 2020
- Can I apply?
- When can I apply?
- Can I reapply for a scholarship?
- What can I use the scholarship for?
- Where can I find out more information?
- What material can I use to promote DCJ Scholarships?
We know there are many bright, ambitious students who want to excel in their studies. But focusing on school is not always easy, especially if you’re facing challenges with your health, caring duties, home life, or the cost of education and training.
We are offering scholarships to students enrolled in education or training in 2020. The scholarship helps young people finish their studies and reach their full potential. Successful applicants will receive $1,000.
This year, we’ve made it easier to apply. You can have your application endorsed by a staff member at school, parent, guardian, carer, caseworker or support worker.
Can I apply?
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- living in social housing, which includes:
- living in public housing, including Aboriginal housing
- being on the NSW Housing Register (wait list)
- receiving private rental assistance from DCJ (not Centrelink)
- receiving a Rent Choice product (Start Safely, Youth, Veterans, Transition)
- living in community housing/Aboriginal community housing
- living in housing provided by a Local Aboriginal Land Council
- living in Supported Accommodation through a Specialist Homelessness Service Provider (Homeless Youth Assistance, Crisis/Immediate, Transitional Housing)
- living in out-of-home care, which includes:
- statutory out-of-home care
- supported out-of-home care
- voluntary out-of-home care
- studying in one of the following:
- year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or equivalent at a TAFE college
- a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
- a VET subject at a NSW high school in 2020.
When can I apply?
- Applications will open 9am on Monday 16 September 2019.
- For year 10, 11 or 12 students, applications close at 5pm on Thursday 31 October 2019.
- For returning students who’ll be attending a TAFE college or university, or in a traineeship or apprenticeship in 2020, the deadline for providing course enrolment is Friday 21 February 2020.
Can I reapply for a scholarship?
Students who received a scholarship in 2017, 2018 or 2019 can reapply in 2020 as a returning applicant if they are still in social housing and taking on further studies.
It’s simple to reapply.
You won’t need to fill out the full application form again. Instead, we’ll upload information from your application last year. Just update your details to confirm your eligibility in case they’ve changed.
What can I use the scholarship for?
You can use your 2020 scholarship for:
- text books, workbooks, study guides or stationery
- specialist equipment (e.g. art, music or photographic materials)
- course costs (including materials), excursions, study camps, or sporting costs
- computer software, a printer, or the internet
- medical and support needs
- other relevant study materials, support services or living expenses.
Where can I find out more information?
You can download the:
Links to the portal will not be active until 16th September.
Call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322. For Housing Services, press 2 then press 3 for general enquiries or email email@example.com
What material can I use to promote DCJ Scholarships?
Download the promotional pack.