Last published 13 Oct 2020
Legal audits and supporting victims of crime
These guidelines describe non-government agency roles in making a referral for a Legal Audit of a young person’s file and recommendations for an application to Victims Services.
DCJ roles and responsibilities
- Comply with the Charter of Victims’ Rights.
- Ensure children and young people under the parental responsibility of the Minister have access to all their rights and entitlements.
- Identify children and young people who are eligible for victims support at the earliest opportunity.
- Lodge all applications to Victims Services including for crimes that occur, or only become known, after case management transfer.
- Provide non-government agencies with information about any applications in progress at the time of case management transfer.
- Provide support and information for victims of crime. This includes the Aboriginal Contact Line, Victims Access Line, financial assistances, information about victim’s rights and other services.
Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 13 Oct 2020