What is ChildStory?
ChildStory is the Communities and Justice’s (DCJ) information management system for children and young people in out-of-home care and child protection.
ChildStory records and recalls the right information in real time, which helps a child or young person’s network of family, carers, caseworkers, and service providers make the best possible decisions. ChildStory provides a holistic view for informed decision-making which enables the network to work together and focus on the safety and wellbeing of a child or young person.
More than 89,700 people use ChildStory across NSW, including:
- Communities and Justice caseworkers, joint response units and child well-being units in Police, Health and Education, through ChildStory Casework
- Office of Children’s Guardian and NSW Ombudsman
- Non-government organisations and other government agencies, through ChildStory Partner
- Mandatory reporters, through ChildStory Reporter
Training and resources
If you have access to the ChildStory system, you will find step-by-step resources, guides and training in ChildStory’s extensive ‘Knowledge’ bank.
If you do not have access to the ChildStory system but would benefit from training or resources, email us:
- ChildStoryTraining@dcj.nsw.gov.au to find out what training is available
- ChildStoryKnowledge@dcj.nsw.gov.au to request resources.
Our service partners access online training through ChildStory Partner.