What is ChildStory?
ChildStory is an information technology system that places a child or young person at the centre of their story. It brings together a child’s network of family, carers, caseworkers and service providers. ChildStory helps a child’s network focus on their safety and wellbeing by working together.
ChildStory provides a holistic view for informed decision-making to help ensure a child or young person has the best life outcomes. It records and recalls the right information at the right time. This helps a child and their network of people, make the right decisions.
Implementation of ChildStory commenced in late November 2017.
Over 24,000 people use ChildStory across NSW, including:
- Family and Community Services practitioners, and key child protection practitioners in Police, Health and Education, through ChildStory Casework
- non-government organisations and other government agencies, through ChildStory Partner
- mandatory reporters, through ChildStory Reporter
ChildStory will soon be available to:
- children and young people in care, through ChildStory YOU
- families of children and young people in care, and their carers, through ChildStory Caring.
Training and resources
If you have access to the ChildStory system, you can find useful resources and training in ‘Knowledge’.
If you do not have access to the ChildStory system, you can email us:
- ChildStoryTraining@facs.nsw.gov.au to find out what training is available
- ChildStoryKnowledge@facs.nsw.gov.au to request resources.
Our service partners can access online training through ChildStory Partner.