Standard 7: Critical reflection to improve outcomes
- think about our own cultural values and beliefs and how these may shape our understanding and views
- manage our own thoughts or attitudes so that they do not get in the way of us making decisions that best suit children, young people and their families
- be open to others being curious and asking questions about our thoughts and attitudes
- talk to those with experience and expert advice when planning to work with a family
- use current evidence and check with children, families and others to make sure we are thinking clearly and fairly
- plan before seeing a child and family
- think carefully about how we can be useful, culturally safe and respectful
- explore what is happening for children and families so we do not jump to conclusions
- look back on what worked well, what we could have done differently and what we can learn moving forward
Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 21 Apr 2022