Standard 4: Writing and talking with children and families
- talk with children, young people, their families and others clearly and with respect
- listen to children and families about their experiences without judging or jumping to conclusions
- be honest with children and their families early on about our worries
- get help, if needed, so families can talk to us in their chosen language
- when a decision is made, we will write clearly about what was decided, how and why the decision was made and who was involved
- give families a copy of important documents like assessments, case plans and safety plans
- write clearly about our worries for a child and how they have or could be hurt if nothing changes
- clearly write down children and families’ views and strengths and the things they already do to keep children safe
- write down the different views of people around children and young people
- write about children and families with fairness and respect
Was this content useful?
Your rating will help us improve the website.
Last updated: 21 Apr 2022